BOOL CNdisApi::GetAdapterMode ( PADAPTER_MODE pMode );
TRUE if call was successful, FALSE otherwise
Pointer to the user allocated and initialized ADAPTER_MODE structure.
For this call the following field of ADAPTER_MODE must be initialized:
ADAPTER_MODE::hAdapterHandle must be set to the interface handle (obtained via call to CNdisApi::GetTcpipBoundAdaptersInfo).
As a result of this call driver fills the field of ADAPTER_MODE below:
ADAPTER_MODE::dwFlags must be a combination of the XXX_LISTEN or XXX_TUNNEL flags:
- MSTCP_FLAG_SENT_TUNNEL – queue all packets sent from TCP/IP to network interface. Original packet is dropped.
- MSTCP_FLAG_RECV_TUNNEL – queue all packets indicated by network interface to TCP/IP. Original packet is dropped.
- MSTCP_FLAG_SENT_LISTEN – queue all packets sent from TCP/IP to network interface. Original packet goes ahead.
- MSTCP_FLAG_RECV_LISTEN – queue all packets indicated by network interface to TCP/IP. Original packet goes ahead.
- MSTCP_FLAG_FILTER_DIRECT – In promiscuous mode TCP/IP stack receives all packets in the Ethernet segment and replies with various ICMP packets, to prevent this set this flag. All packets with destination MAC different from FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF and network interface current MAC will never reach TCP/IP.
By default loopback packets are passed to original TCP/IP handlers without processing, to change this behavior use the flags below:
- MSTCP_FLAG_LOOPBACK_FILTER – if not set then loopback packets are silently passed over, otherwise these packets are passed for further processing (queued for redirecting to the application if not dropped by the MSTCP_FLAG_LOOPBACK_BLOCK below).
- MSTCP_FLAG_LOOPBACK_BLOCK – if set then loopback packets (with exception of broadcast/multicast) are silently dropped.
- MSTCP_FLAG_LOOPBACK_BLOCK | MSTCP_FLAG_LOOPBACK_FILTER – does not allow loopback packet to pass silently and results blocking them (with exception of broadcast/multicast).
This member calls driver with IOCTL_NDISRD_GET_ADAPTER_MODE control code (see details below).
|Input Buffer Size||sizeof (_ADAPTER_MODE)|
|Output Buffer Size||sizeof (_ADAPTER_MODE)|