- Fixed Hyper-V switch issue: enabling filter driver for virtual switch and at the same time for the network interface below it, could result incorrect rend/receive operation counting and thus prevent the filter from correct detach. Under some circumstances it could result DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.
- Fixed issue with enabled debug output in 22.214.171.124 that could negatively affect driver performance.
- Significantly improved driver performance for high speed networks
- Added special reserved pool for packets handled in kernel mode (these are packets which are not supposed to be redirected to user mode application for further processing: passed/blocked according loaded filters and collected from non-tunneled network interfaces). This feature seriously improves remote debugging capabilities for WinpkFilter based applications. An example, if you debug over RDP and your application load static filters to pass RDP connections prior putting network interface into the tunnel mode then you can safely put breakpoints in the packet processing thread, suspend it, analyze individual packets without a risk to be disconnected.
- Fixed Visual Studio 2015 compiler errors when building WinpkFilter NDIS 6.x Lightweight Filter drivers
- Fixed NDIS-hooking driver on Windows XP crash
- Fixed issue with NDIS Lightweight Filter driver (driver bypassed some packets without analyses in low memory resources state)
- Windows XP Embedded installation fix (Embedded required NDIS IM driver to be present in WINDIR)
- Silent installation support with /S switch
- Internet Gateway sample:
- Fixed packet multiplication issue caused by combination of Wireshark, loopback packet indications and single interface routing
- Built-in filters performance optimization
- Adapter list change event fix (removed time gap between event and actual change of the list)
- Possible memory leak issue fixed
- INF file for LWF changed to bind below and above Ethernet bridge
- Fixed incorrect field alignment in NDISHK_PACKET
- Fixed NDIS 5.1 IM DriverVerifyer crash
- Fixed issue with network interface MTU configuration changes
- Fixed compatibility issue with WinGate
- Added C# Filter sample
- Fixed compatibility issues (covers but not limited to) with Cisco AnyConnect VPN, Yes Go 4G USB modem, Vodafone/HUAWEI USB modems
- Extended built-in filters:
- Added counters for incoming/outgoing packets/bytes
- Added TCP flags
- Changed approach to disable TCP task offload in NDIS LWF. Previous method had some known issues.
- Added Filter ID for the packets redirected by built-in filters
- Updated C# samples
- Updated C# samples and interface header
- Unload LWF driver hang problem fixed. As a side issue this bug has also caused network lock with Windows Hardware Certification Kit on some systems
- LWF driver updated according Windows 8 requirements
- Added VLAN tagging 802.1Q
- Added IPv6 support for built-in filters
- Incorrect spinlock acquire in LWF driver
- Adapter list changed event in LWF driver
- Added NDIS 6.0 LightWeight Filter driver to replace NDIS 5.1 IM driver for Windows Vista/7
- Bugfix for WinpkFilter NDIS IM driver on power state changes
- Bugfix for WinpkFilter NDIS IM driver (BSOD on restoring from Hibernate state on Windows Vista)
- Fixed compatibility issue with Kaspersky software
- Added API for getting active WAN connections information
- Added API for sending/receiving bulk of packets. This may seriously improve performance by reducing the number of user/kernel context switches.
- Compatibility fixes in WinpkFilter API DLL and drivers
- x64 driver support for 32 bit code running in WOW64. This feature should be useful for developers whose development tools does not include x64 native compiler. An example, Delphi 32-bit application can work with WinpkFilter driver on Windows x64.
- Added kernel level filters. You can load a filter table into WinpkFilter driver which defines rules for packet pass, block or redirect_and_ process by your application. This may seriously improve performance.
- Added C# API interface and samples
- Changes NDISAPI.DLL required for Windows Vista support
- Installation scripts are updated to properly install drivers on Windows Vista
- Improvements/bugfixes in legacy Windows 9x/ME driver
- Changed driver exported API structures
- Visual Studio 2005 projects added for all C++ sample applications and NDISAPI.DLL
- Added Windows XP x64 and Windows Server 2003 x64 support
- Extended NDISAPI.DLL
- Several bugfixes
- Improved WinpkFilter support for some network interfaces (an example BUFFALO LPC4-CLX Fast Ethernet Adapter) under Windows 2000 and Millennium Edition
- Added MS Visual Basic 6.0 samples
- Full compatibility with Windows XP SP2
- Improved compatibility with other NDIS-hooking drivers
- New event to be signaled on network interfaces configuration changes (disable/enable network connection, unplug/plug network interface)
- New event to be signaled on WAN connection establishment/termination