Local Network Monitor is an application that lets you monitor and control network activity of TCP/IP protocol stack on your local system in a real-time. It monitors activity at the Transport Driver Interface (TDI) level of networking operations in the operating system kernel and intended for tracking down network-related configuration problems and analyzing application network troubleshooting, investigating and blocking suspicious network activity. Local Network Monitor lets you obtain detailed statistics on the applications network requests and amount of data sent and received over a connection and view the packet's content, which makes it a useful tool for performance diagnostics.
Windows NT 4.0, 2000, XP, 2003 Server, Vista, x64, IA64, Windows 7
If you run Local Network Monitor on Windows NT 4.0 you require the following:
COMCTL32.DLL version 4.7 or higher. You can obtain such a version with Internet Explorer 4.0, Internet Explorer 5.0 or Internet Explorer 6.0, available for free download from the Microsoft's Windows Update web site.
Comctl32 update can be downloaded from this location
- Watch an application's TCP/IP activity in real-time.
- Obtain detailed statistics on the amount of data sent and received over a connection.
- Watch the packet's content as hexadecimal and/or ascii dump.
- Save TCP/IP activity logs to file.
- Filter the data captured so that you only see packets that were send or received with particular protocol, from particular local ports range, to remote addresses and ports range.
- localhost (127.XXX.XXX.XXX) network activity monitoring (not available in the majority of network sniffers available on the market).
- Block selected network activity (desktop firewall)
You can download the 30 days evaluation version of Local Network Monitor 3.6 in order to test and evaluate the reliability and performance of our software. The following functionality is disabled in DEMO build:
- Saving logs to the file
- Options to debug or terminate a selected process
- Option to block all network activity for selected process or group of processes
Local Network Monitor 3.6 (30 days trial)
Price & licensing:
Local Network Monitor is not free software. If you use it, please support its development by buying a licence to do so. Local Network Monitor 3.6 registration fee is 49.95$.
- No demo limitations
- Full version never expires
- One year technical support via e-mail
- One year of free upgrade
- Beta testing for newest version