VirtNet does not install on Windows 10 version 1809 x64

Home Forums Discussions Support VirtNet does not install on Windows 10 version 1809 x64

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    stefat
    Participant

Have you tried to disable driver signature enforcement?

1- Right-click on the Windows 10 Start menu and select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu. In the Command Prompt window, type shutdown.exe /r /o and hit “Enter”.

2- In Windows 10 Boot Options Menu select:
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart > after reboot press 7

Same procedure with pictures:
      https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

Then you can install it for sure.

rofl
      Participant

Has anyone tried this on build 2004?
        We are facing some issues here.

isabella_tai
        Participant

Hi.

My operation system is Windows 10 version 1809 x64, and I tried to install VirtNet60 driver. However, this driver can’t be installed on Windows and the error message shows that the driver is not intended for this platform. Then I also disabled driver signature enforcement and tried to install again. And it fails to be installed on Windows.

I wonder how I can install the driver on Windows and please kindly tell me if you know how to fix this. Thank you in advance!

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

the driver is not intended for this platform

Is it possible that you attempted to install the x86 build of the driver on an x64 platform?

I haven’t touched this driver for four years, and it likely needs an update to function correctly with the latest versions of Windows. My schedule is quite packed, but I’ll make an effort to find some time to update it.

isabella_tai
            Participant

Hi Vadim,

First of all, thanks for your reply!

I tried all versions (x86 and x64) in the zip file of VirtNet60 and it cannot be installed successfully. And I don’t know how to fix it.

I eager to use VirtNet and I am looking forward to the latest update. Thank you!

Best regards.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.