The process cannot access the file

Home Forums Discussions Support The process cannot access the file

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vogrosty
    Participant

Wiresock installed on Windows Server 2019 with standard settings. After system reboot cannot autostart.
      If I try to start manually see mistake “The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process”.
      The log says: Could not bind socket to [::]:59539 (0xc0000043)

If I clean The Listen Port parametr it starts successfully. But I have to change each peer settings to new port.

Please tell any suggestions.

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

The log says: Could not bind socket to [::]:59539 (0xc0000043)

From the error messages provided, it seems like there is a conflict on port 59539, which WireSock is trying to bind to. The error message “The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process” often means that the port is being used by another application or service on the system.

I would recommend trying to identify the application using the port. Use the netstat command to identify which application is currently using the port 59539. Open the Command Prompt and type netstat -aon | findstr 59539. The last column of the output will give you the process ID (PID) of the application using the port. You can then use the Task Manager to find the application associated with this PID.

vogrosty
        Participant

Thank you for your answer, Vadim.

The task manager says the port used by dns.exe.

Am I guess the port of dns service and should change to another port number?

vogrosty
          Participant

Changed port to 50108. But after rebooting the server WireSock cannot connect to port again.

Vadim Smirnov
            Keymaster

DNS reserves a significant range of ports, the specifics of which you can explore here: DNS Port Allocation. It would be advisable to select a different range when assigning a port for WireGuard.

vogrosty
              Participant

Thank you so much! It helps!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.