Filtering on 10 and 25 Gbps

Home Forums Discussions General Filtering on 10 and 25 Gbps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    davesc_zw
    Participant

Good day Vadim Smirnov.

I have read your post about multithread and out of order tcp packets and the conclusion was that two threads(one for inbound and one for outbound) were able to do a very high throughput on a 10 Gbps.

From your various tests and experience I just have a few questions

1). Can Ndis filters in general handle lets say 10 Gbps and 25 Gbps throughput.

2). Can a single thread allow such very high throughout (10-25 Gbps) or you can design multiple in such a way that the packets are never transmitted out of order

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Hello,

I will address both queries simultaneously. I can confirm that WinpkFilter is capable of handling 10Gbps networks. Unfortunately, I haven’t had the opportunity to test it on a 25Gbps network, so I am unable to provide any data for that. If you have a sufficiently fast CPU and do not require intensive CPU processing for the packets, you can manage packet reading and reinjection using a single thread (refer to the simple_packet_filter class for an example). Nonetheless, managing a 10Gbps bandwidth with complex packet processing can be challenging. For instance, in the transparent mode of Wiresock, I employed the queued_packet_filter, which utilizes four working threads per network interface: one for reading packets, another for processing, and two additional threads for reinjecting packets in each direction. While synchronization between 4 threads indeed has its costs, it’s important to note that the results have been remarkable, especially when compared to the official in-kernel implementation of WireguardNT.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.