Networks with same IP Schemes

Home Forums Discussions Support Networks with same IP Schemes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DustyTrail
    Participant

I found Winsock while trying to solve the “must be an administrator” issue with the WireGuard client.

I’m dealing with some clients being on the same network scheme as the host network.  I’m able to get around that by adding the IP address of the terminal
      server to the allowed IP addresses in the config file.  Example:

AllowedIPs = 192.168.2.1/32, 192.168.2.2/32, 0.0.0.0/1, 192.168.1.3/32, 128.0.0.0/1

With 192.168.1.3 being the terminal server address.

That has been working fine, but I’m running into non-admin users that cannot run the WireGuard client.

However, the same configuration in WireSock successfully connects, but does not allow connection to the remote server.

Can I make this work without enabling -lac mode, which would also require admin permissions?

Thank you !!

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

To give better advice on your network setup, it would help to see more of the configuration file. If you’re encountering conflicts between your local and remote network subnets, consider utilizing the 0.0.0.0/0 setting in conjunction with the AllowedApps feature for specific applications. This configuration ensures that only selected applications will utilize the VPN tunnel. However, it’s important to closely examine your network requirements to ensure this approach is suitable for your situation.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.