Split Tunneling in WireSock vpn client

Home Forums Discussions Support Split Tunneling in WireSock vpn client

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TheDarkKRONOS
    Participant

Hello. In Wireguard client I can split tunnelling by these instructions. But use in WireSock these steps not working. Can I split somehow in WireSock? I using it, because I don’t need all traffic go by vpn, I connect to client by local proxy and browser connecting to proxy -> wireguard vpn.

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

The current Wiresock VPN Client does not support local Wireguard endpoints in the configuration file, rendering the method of redirecting WireGuard through the local proxy, as described in the provided link, unfeasible. I’m contemplating the inclusion of local endpoints as a feature, however, this isn’t necessary for your specific situation.

You can simply specify the applications you want to forward over the Wireguard tunnel under the “AllowedApps” configuration option. For instance, setting “AllowedApps = firefox” will result in only the Firefox browser’s traffic being forwarded over the WireGuard tunnel.

If you prefer to have your browser explicitly configured to use the specified local proxy, you can install a lightweight SOCKS5 proxy and include its name in the “AllowedApps”. Consequently, all outgoing traffic from this proxy will be directed through Wiresock over the WireGuard tunnel. This setup will also apply to all traffic from the proxy’s clients.

TheDarkKRONOS
        Participant

Thx for answer. But what if there are two or more instances of the same application running? Same name, but they have different configurations and ports or else.

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

The feasibility of this depends on the application in question. If you’re able to rename the second instance or relocate it to a different path (such as a portable edition), you can still use the “AllowedApps” option by specifying the full pathname. For example, you could set “AllowedApps = C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”.

However, if the only difference between your application instances is the process ID, unfortunately, this feature is not supported. While it’s technically feasible to implement, I’m currently unsure of how to do so in a user-friendly manner.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.