Ethernet Bridge not pass WSock connection`s through

Home Forums Discussions Support Ethernet Bridge not pass WSock connection`s through

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DrEvil
    Participant

I install 1.14 version driver on Windows 2000 PC with two Ehternet card – one by 3Com, one by Intel, âîth installed only as drivers, without any vendor software. One connection is to main network, one by direct link to win95 PC. Win95 PC, when connected directly to main network, work normal.

When win95 PC connected via Ethernet bridge Win2000 PC, most network services work well, such as Windows network shares, DC Domain Logon, Neighbour browsing, DHCP support, named pipes, with acceptable perfomance. But many sock`s connections to main network, like remote desktop service, WWW, SQL Server via TCP/IP, Active Directory browsing, failured, both outgoing and incoming from/to Win95 PC beside bridge.

For services hosted on ‘Bridge’ computer, applications from Win95 PC connects well.

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Ethernet Bridge is free and unsupported tool. There is no warranty that it will work any OS/hardware configuration.

DrEvil
        Participant

I understand, what is ‘freeware’, but may be author of program take a look on subject.

DrEvil
          Participant

I found soluition for my problem myself. To pass sock`s applications, on that machine with bridge running IP Forwarding must be enabled (IPEnableRouter in well-known place in Registry). Maybe, this information help for other users. Seems to be good idea include this solution to EthernetBridge page.

Superkuh
            Participant

@DrEvil wrote:

To pass sock`s applications, on that machine with bridge running IP Forwarding must be enabled (IPEnableRouter in well-known place in Registry). Maybe, this information help for other users. Seems to be good idea include this solution to EthernetBridge page.

Indeed it did help. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.