Wiresock as a local proxy?

Home Forums Discussions Support Wiresock as a local proxy?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    btsock
    Participant

just find this wireguard client it’s small and simple and with GUI it’s more friendly than other vpn client for the newbie like me.

I just wonder is it possible to setup wiresock vpn client as a local proxy server for other app to use?

For example, Firefox could setup the proxy for different containers, so I could set only some websites to auto use the vpn while other sites still use direct connection.

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Hello,

I’m glad you’re finding the Wiresock VPN Client user-friendly and easy to navigate.

To answer your question, the Wiresock VPN Client itself does not have the functionality to expose itself as a local proxy server. However, you can certainly achieve your goal by setting up a local proxy server (either SOCKS or HTTP) on your device.

Once you’ve set up the local proxy server, you can add the process name of this proxy server to the “AllowedApps” list in the Wiresock VPN Client. This way, all the connections initiated through the local proxy will be tunneled via the Wireguard tunnel, while other connections will proceed as usual.

For example, if you want certain websites to automatically use the VPN in Firefox, you can set the proxy for different containers to point to the local proxy server that you have set up and added to the “AllowedApps” list.

This should enable you to use some websites via the VPN while others use a direct connection, as you mentioned in your example.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

btsock
        Participant

thank you for the reply.

that is a really good alternative solution. thank you.

I guess I need to find a tiny simple proxy server on windows now.  🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.