WinpkFilter sample in Visual Basic 6.0

Home Forums Discussions Support WinpkFilter sample in Visual Basic 6.0

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fadsoftwares
    Participant

Hi!

Sorry my english! I’m brazilian!

I need a WinpkFilter sample in Visual Basic 6.0 to to inspect and allow/drop packets. Where I can get it?
      It’s to filter URLs! To block or to allow a weblist.

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Among VB samples in WinpkFilter package you can find PassThru. This is basic sample to filter (drop, pass, modify) the network packets.

fadsoftwares
        Participant

I’ve tested it.

But i can’t get what is the site. Could you send me a sample how to do this?

And the wwwcensor.exe doesn’t works in my computer to block a url. It doens’t stop the navigate.

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

And the wwwcensor.exe doesn’t works in my computer to block a url. It doens’t stop the navigate.

It worked fine for me and not only for me. Do other samples work fine on your system? How do you actually use use it?

Could you send me a sample how to do this?

wwwcensor demonstrates URL/content filtering for HTTP protocol. It blocks any HTTP packets containing the command line specified keyword. An example, to block access to yahoo.com it should be used as below:

D:…dsntkvpnsamplesMSVCbinamd64>wwwcensor.exe
            Command line syntax:
            wwwcensor.exe pattern
            pattern – phrase or word to block HTTP packets with.

D:…dsntkvpnsamplesMSVCbinamd64>wwwcensor.exe yahoo
            TCP 192.168.1.179:29627 -> 87.248.113.14:80 pattern found & packet dropped

Note, that it also blocks any packet containing “yahoo” word, not only packets to/from yahoo.com.

If ONLY URL filtering is required then you have two options:
            1) Block DNS requests for the forbidden sites (this does not allow your system to figure out the IP address and access the site).
            2) Parse HTTP packets for GET request and block packet if it requests the forbidden URL.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.