Winpkfilter Lock up with Kaspersky Internet Security

Home Forums Discussions Support Winpkfilter Lock up with Kaspersky Internet Security

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MichaelManley
    Participant

I’ve encountered an issue where Winpkfilter & Kaspersky Internet Security being installed together will totally lock up a Windows Vista Home Premium installation.

This lock up can be reproduced using the following steps:

Install Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1

Turn on windows Firewall and Defender

Run windows update and install all updates

Install Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.0.125 d.f

Activate the install with the licence Code (Note: this is important – and unactivated version of Kaspersky doesn’t cause the lock up)

Update Kaspersky to latest definitions

Install Winpkfilter 3.0.4 run-time libraries (Note: at this point the installation seems to work fine and I tested a couple of the sample apps which appeared to work fine)

Reboot machine

Shortly after the machine has rebooted it will lock up totally. It will even lock up if you try to boot in safe mode. This will continue happening until you boot from the CD and restore the machine to before installing winpkfilter.

Anyone have ideas how to get these to co-exist?

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Install Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.0.125 d.f

We have tested the suggested configuration with Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.1.325 (the latest one available from the official web site) and have not figured out any problems. May be the problem was specific to 7.0.0.125 and fixed in the current version.

Could you try to reproduce it after updating KIS to 7.0.1.325?

jd
        Participant

Hi also have this issue running a new dell precision core 2 quad with Kaspersky Internet Security 8 running with the latest updates

Winpkfilter is installed by my WD network hard drive software which I require to run but cant get passed this issue unless I switch of Kaspersky !

any ideas?

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

We have received few complains on WinpkFilter conflict with KIS 2008/2009, however we were not able to reproduce (it looks it happens only on small amount of systems) and thus can’t understand and fix this problem so far.

It looks that the “lock up” you have expirienced depends from hardware configuration (installed hardware drivers) or some third software component in addition to KIS and WinpkFilter. Could you please post or e-mail to support(at)ntkernel.com the details of the software/hardware configuration?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.