WinPK installed, unable to connect after updating to IE7

Home Forums Discussions Support WinPK installed, unable to connect after updating to IE7

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    appdriverguy
    Participant

I have winPK framework installed on XP x64 system for testing.
      Updated to IE7 and suddenly no network connectivity. This didn’t happen when updating Firefox to 2.0!

Anyway, after fumbling about, I checked the firewall setting on the network page. Tried to turn off firewall. Upon dismissing that dialog, I was presented with a WinPK driver installation.

It seems something about the update requires a reinstall of the driver. Of course nothing told me that, so I fumbled about for a bit. Not sure if anything can be done in the framework to make this operate better.

Thanks!

appdriverguy.

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Well, I have not tried to install IE7, but WinpkFilter x64 build is based on the standard NDIS Intermediate driver (after Patch Guard was introduced making a NDIS hooking solution is possible but very difficult to support) and it is installed through the documented system mechanism.

If MS decided to reconfigure the network on some way during IE7 installation what involves reinstalling NDIS IM drivers (and probably some other network drivers) then I don’t think we can do anything about it except signing driver with WHQL or disabling unsigned drivers policy (as far as I understand you got “unsigned driver warning”, otherwise system would reinstall it without asking you).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.