VPN Demo

Home Forums Discussions Support VPN Demo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jm
    Participant

Hi,

we want to buy for vpn development, could you please provider a vpn sample demo?

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Windows Packet Filter demo package contains a sample named GRETunnel, which demonstrates how to attach/remove new headers to/from the network packets. Add GRE payload encryption and you get a simple VPN tunnel.

This another sample which with a different approach. It redirects selected TCP connections to the local proxy and then forwards theese through the SOCKS5 proxy. Just add an SSH client with SOCKS support (PuTTY, an example) and the result is VPN over SSH tunnel.

So, basically with winpkfilter you have everything needed to implement any type of VPN. The details depend on your concrete needs. An example, for Wireguard implementation you should insert/remove UDP headers (plus some protocol specific data) instead of GRE, but the idea is the same.

jm
        Participant

many thanks.

jm
          Participant

where to download GRETunnel sample? i can’t find it on Github.

Vadim Smirnov
            Keymaster

where to download GRETunnel sample? i can’t find it on Github.

Yes, that’s right. GRETunnel and other old samples are included into the demo package

jm
              Participant

thanks.

I use visual studio community 2019 with windows 10 SDK+WDK, but can not compile the gretunnel demo successfully. could you please help provide an independent compiled demo using vs2019?

Vadim Smirnov
                Keymaster

Sorry, I’m afraid I have missed your post. But better late than never…

GRETUNNEL is very simple console application. Technically you could just create a new console application in VS2019, copy the gretunnel.cpp code into it and add linkage to ndisapi.dll.

By the way, you might be interested to look at WinpkFilter based WireGuard VPN client released recently.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.