Unable to access local network Google TV device.

Home Forums Discussions Support Unable to access local network Google TV device.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    shaoyeh
    Participant

I have a feeling it’s a Google TV issue but I am hoping for some help troubleshooting.  I have wiresock setup so it is only supposed to route qbittorrent and firefox.  I have my subnet IPs disallowed.  I have no problem accessing other local network devices such as windows clients and android phones and tablets from the server or vice versa.  Except for my google tv client which is the 10.0.0.0 subnet.  I can ping from other devices that are not running wiresock.

[Interface]
      PrivateKey = *removed*
      Address = *removed*
      DNS = 10.8.8.8

[Peer]
      PublicKey = *removed*
      AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
      Endpoint = *removed*:51820
      AllowedApps = firefox, qbittorrent
      DisallowedIPs = 10.0.0.0/24

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

There could potentially be an issue related to address conflict. Could you please provide the subnets for both your Local Area Network (LAN) and Wireguard?

shaoyeh
        Participant

All my devices are in the 10.0.0.0/24 subnet.

My VPN assigned interface address is 172.16.235.141/32.

I don’t think they should interfere with each other.  With devices NOT running wiresock, I can ping the google tv device just fine.  And using those same devices, I have no problem accessing the server with wiresock running.  It’s just between the server and the google tv client.  I tried running wiresock client on a different windows machine and the same issue occurs.  I can no longer ping the google tv once wiresock is running on that machine..

shaoyeh
          Participant

Actually I just noticed there was a new update today.  The new 1.2.25 fixed it.  It works great now.  Thanks!

Vadim Smirnov
            Keymaster

Thank you for the update. While I can’t state with certainty, it’s highly probable that the issue was related to MTU. I would recommend upgrading to version v1.2.26, as v1.2.25 has a known issue with the process context resolution feature for IPv6.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.