Tray Icon for WireSock

Home Forums Discussions Support Tray Icon for WireSock

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    xxxxzzz
    Participant

Hi, is it possible to add togglable tray icon for wiresock? I use batch file to launch it, but since i have like 10 batch files running at the same time I can’t really determine if I am connected through vpn from a glance on taskbar. Just having a tray icon while wiresock process is running would be super nice!

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Hi, yes you are right and in fact I already have a tray icon project. I will finish the first simple version as soon as I have spare time. Hopefully, next weekend.

xxxxzzz
        Participant

Great, spasibo bolshoe!

rimkam
          Participant

Привет! Значок-индикатор действительно нужен.

Vadim Smirnov
            Keymaster

Понимаю… Постараюсь найти время…

Vadim Smirnov
              Keymaster

Just a small update on the topic. There are two options available to you for managing the client more easily:

TunnlTo: A Rust project that starts wiresock-vpn-client.exe in the background and provides it with configuration options.
                EpexGUI: A C# project that functions similarly to TunnlTo. However, I have created a fork that includes significant modifications, such as directly calling wgbooster.dll instead of wiresock-vpn-client.exe and adding a Wiresock Client installer for x86 platforms. This fork also includes support for transparent (NAT) mode, which can simplify the user experience. While it’s uncertain whether the original author will accept these changes, you can download the latest release of this fork here.
                Both options offer several convenient features, such as importing and editing Wireguard configurations and switching between tunnels, which can greatly simplify the user experience when using the WireSock VPN Client.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.