Suddenly stopped working

Home Forums Discussions Support Suddenly stopped working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    royme
    Participant

I’m using Wiresock from few months now, suddenly it stopped working yesterday in my home network, however it is working fine using another network using the same laptop.

When I run wiresock I’m getting too much of this line in the log even when I’m doing nothing: (([TUN]: wireguard_read result = 2 size = 9))
      The connection is made successfully, the strange thing is that some websites are working like wikipedia however all other sites that I checked is showing time-out error?!!

Wiresock is working using the same laptop, same server but on another network, I didn’t change any settings or devices in my home router recently, is my isp is blocking it in my home connection?!

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Are you by any chance running two wireguard clients with the same configuration (keys, etc.)? In such a case, two (or even more) clients will compete for the same slot, causing tunnel errors from time to time.

If not then some logs could help to understand the problem.

royme
        Participant

Thank you for your reply Vadim.

I’m not running two wg clients at the same time.

I tried with multiple different wifi networks using the same laptop, it is working fine.
          I faced this same issue previously in my home network but after few hours it worked again without taking any action, but this time it is taking longer
          When it is working I notice these lines in the log:
          [TUN]: wireguard_read result = 2 size = 10
          [TUN]: wireguard_read result = 0 size = 0
          However when not working the log will run very fast showing mostly:
          [TUN]: wireguard_read result = 2 size = 9

I will send the log file by email now to support@

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

Thanks, I checked the log and it looks strange. The tunnel appears to be broken at the very beginning, immediately after receiving the response to the handshake. I also noticed that you are running a SOCKS proxy on the same host as the WireGuard Server. I’ve never tested this setup and can’t exclude some sort of network collision going on. Have you tried disabling the SOCKS5 proxy feature? Also could you update to the latest WireSock client 1.2.15? It will be easier if we use the same build.

royme
            Participant

I have used this setup for months without issues, I will try to disable SOCKS and update Wiresock and let you know.
              Strange that it is now working fine when I connect using any other wifi network using the same setup, same laptop.

Vadim Smirnov
              Keymaster

If this does not work only on a particular Wi-Fi, then the first thing I would do is check the MTU. Try to put 1380 or even 1280.

royme
                Participant

It worked.

I unplug the power from the router and waited for about a minute then power it up again, my router is a 4g router with a sim card, this will refresh the ip assigned by isp maybe. anyway it worked after I didn’t this, without updating the version or disabling SOCKS.

I tried to restart the router yesterday but it didn’t work, but unplugging it totally from power did the magic.

I don’t know why the problem occurred, and why it was solved by this workaround! but it is working again now 🙂

Thank you Vadim

Vadim Smirnov
                  Keymaster

Glad you finally solved it! ☺️

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.