Some NeT Firewall questions

Home Forums Discussions Support Some NeT Firewall questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pete
    Participant

I’m currently trying out NeT Firewall and I like it alot so far.
      I do have some questions.

On the server in trying out NeT Firewall on, one network card has 40 extrernal IP’s. If I add a rule allowing external access to one of those IP’s, all the others get accessable too. Why is that?

I’m having trouble with the FTP server and passive ports. I added ports 20,21 TCP and the passive port range specified in the ftp server. When i try to connect using passive mode in the client the passive ports still don’t accept connections. Any idears?

Could someone please list a standard ruleset for allowing all traffic to port 80 on the server only. I know it’s very basic but it would be great to make sure I did it right.

I found a few bugs playing about. Are you interested in fixing then if i detail the issues?

Thanks in advance!
      Pete

pete
      Participant

@pete wrote:

I’m having trouble with the FTP server and passive ports. I added ports 20,21 TCP and the passive port range specified in the ftp server. When i try to connect using passive mode in the client the passive ports still don’t accept connections. Any idears?

I managed to fix my passive mode problem in the client. Had to mark PASV 3 places .. 🙄

I would still appriciate help with the other issues.

Vadim Smirnov
        Keymaster

If I add a rule allowing external access to one of those IP’s, all the others get accessable too. Why is that?

It should not be, probably the rule you create is too common and covers more than one IP.

Could someone please list a standard ruleset for allowing all traffic to port 80 on the server only. I know it’s very basic but it would be great to make sure I did it right.

Allow, TCP, Source IP: Any, Source Port: Any, Destination IP:[IP address your WWW server is bound to], Destination Port:80 Bidirectional.

Also set the security level to high.

I found a few bugs playing about. Are you interested in fixing then if i detail the issues?

Sure, if you find any bugs we would appreciate reporting about…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.