Regarding FlushAdapterPacketQueue

Home Forums Discussions Support Regarding FlushAdapterPacketQueue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yathindra
    Participant

Hi,

I have one doubt. What exactly the flushadapterpacketqueue will do? Means when we process one packet the packets next come were present in Queue if the queue size exceeds some value then i call flushadapterpacketqueue function then what it will do exactly means the packets which are in queue are deleted or the packets will send to their detstination if it is send packet and receive if the packet is incoming one.

Also at what frequency the packets will enter in queue means my packet processing is slow or what?

Also packetqueue relates to number of packets or some thing other? did i misunderstood?

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

What exactly the flushadapterpacketqueue will do?

If there are packets queued for the particular network adapter they are removed from the queue and silently dropped.

Also at what frequency the packets will enter in queue means my packet processing is slow or what?

If the queue reaches its maximum size and causes newly coming packets to be dropped then probably your packet processing is slow. However, in reality packet queue size may vary depending of the system load.

Normally flushing packets is supposed to be used when you finish with packet processing and want to deallocate resources.

yathindra
        Participant

Thanks for your reply.

I actually do the following processing, if is there any thing required please mention.

After Readpacket then i do some processing if allow the packet then based on direction i will call either SendPacketToAdapter or SendPacketToMstcp if i drop the packet in my processing then i don’t call these functions then i go to next packet.

On a timer interval i will verify for packet queue if it exceeds 400 then i am calling FlushAdapterPacketQueue method.

Actually what exactly happens after calling SendPacketToAdapter or SendPacketToMstcp it will remove from the adapter queue or not also if i call FlushAdapterPacketQueue which packets will be clear exactly means the packets which are in queue or some other means new packets?

Also the system is having a more load it’s a server having 60-80 clients will connect to it to perform their job.

Thanking you,

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

Actually what exactly happens after calling SendPacketToAdapter or SendPacketToMstcp it will remove from the adapter queue or not also if i call FlushAdapterPacketQueue which packets will be clear exactly means the packets which are in queue or some other means new packets?

SendPacketToAdapter and SendPacketToMstcp don’t affect adapter packet queue, but ReadPacket does. The packet is added to the queue when it comes from the MSTCP or from the network and removed from the queue when you read it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.