Not seeing many 3G/Mobile broaband adapters

Home Forums Discussions Support Not seeing many 3G/Mobile broaband adapters

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    libzhark
    Participant

I’m trying to get my app to see various 3G or otherwise mobile broadband adapters. I have several that I’ve tested on (Cricket 3G, Comcast 3G,a tethered blackberry) that all show up just fine as WAN adapters under the WAN IP device. However, many of my user’s connections arnt showing up. One use has a Vodafone Mobile Broadband K4505-Z USB Stick. According to the ReadMe on that page, it supports Windows 7 32 and 64bit, but not Windows 7 NDIS 6.2. Is this a problem? Several of the devices listed in that readme I’ve received user reports of those not being recognized either. I’m not familiar with exactly how the WinpkFilter injects itself into the networking stack of Windows. Am I looking in the wrong spot for why some adapters never show up, or do these adapters simply not implement the right NDIS protocols to be used?

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Under Windows 3G mobile adapters normally appear as WAN adapter under NDISWANIP device of install their own virtual miniport (visible as LAN or WiFi connection). For the first case it is enough to filter NDSWANIP device, for the second you must track when new network connection becomes available and capture on this newly added network interface.

Another type of mobile broadband drivers (NDIS 6.2) was added by Windows 7. In the meantime these adapters can’t be intercepted by WinpkFilter NDIS IM driver. We are working on the adding NDIS LWF driver to WinpkFilter set of drivers to support this new stack.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.