Network bridge && adapter list

Home Forums Discussions Support Network bridge && adapter list

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    pavankvnaidu
    Participant

I am facing some problem while displaying the adapter list.

I am using Window XP pro and I have created a bridge with two LANs (ex. LAN1 & LAN2).
      When I display the adapter list using GetTcpipBoundAdaptersInfo its showing only the Bridge. How can I show LAN1 & LAN2 too?
      any ideas??

If I run the same program without creating bridge, I can see the two LANs.

Thank you.

Pavan.

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Thats right, when you are not using bridge TCP/IP is bound to your LAN adapters (and you can normally see them), but when using bridge – it is bound to the bridge network adapter (bridge itself is intermediate driver which binds like a protocol to LAN adapters and has network interface on top of it, in this case TCP/IP is bound to this interface and since WinpkFilter driver puts itself between TCP/IP and its adapters then you can see only a bridge).

If you require filtering over raw LAN adapters even if XP bridge is used then it is also possible (in general it is just a simple driver modification and we had a customer who requested this feature before).

pavankvnaidu
        Participant

Thank you for your quick reply.

If you require filtering over raw LAN adapters even if XP bridge is used then it is also possible (in general it is just a simple driver modification and we had a customer who requested this feature before).

Yes, we require that feature. Can you please tell me how I can get that that?

Pavan

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

Yes, we require that feature. Can you please tell me how I can get that that?

This modification is available to WinpkFilter Source Code and Developer (as a custom build) licensees. If you our customer and own one of the licenses mentioned above then please e-mail support@ntkernel.com with your order details (license, order ID and approximate date of purchase) in order to get customized WinpkFilter build.

pavankvnaidu
            Participant

We are your customer and have baught Individual User License only.

by the way, we have one more problem in XP Bridge,
              When we are trying to sniff using WinpkFilter, on the XP Bridge, we don’t see any packets. I mean we can’t sniff.

When I use the WinPCap on the same bridge, I can sniff the packets.

what could be wrong??

Vadim Smirnov
              Keymaster

We are your customer and have baught Individual User License only.

Since Individual license does not include any drivers customization it can be implemented for the extra fee only.

When we are trying to sniff using WinpkFilter, on the XP Bridge, we don’t see any packets. I mean we can’t sniff.

Please clarify. Are you trying to use listening mode or tunnel mode? Have you tried PassThru and PacketSniffer samples over the bridge or it was your own code? In general WinpkFilter intercepts all packets between XP bridge and TCP/IP stack, so if there any packets and driver is used correctly then you can’t miss them.

pavankvnaidu
                Participant

I am just running the examples, PassThru and PacketSniffer only.

but its not sniffing in the XP-bridge mode.

Vadim Smirnov
                  Keymaster

I am just running the examples, PassThru and PacketSniffer only.

but its not sniffing in the XP-bridge mode.

Well it works OK in test environment and you are the first one who reported problems like this. Could you provide the complete details about it? It would be good if you provide ipconfig output, listadapters output and how do you start passthru sample (with it’s output compared to some other tool which shows you packets). Some broken functionality can be alo caused by installed firewall or some sort of other low level network software.

Also, which version of WinpkFilter are you using?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.