NeT Firewall – Allow ICMP Within Local Network

Home Forums Discussions Support NeT Firewall – Allow ICMP Within Local Network

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DRC
    Participant

I am using the trial version of Net Firewall 2.3.1.16 and I LOVE IT! Will definitely be purchasing. I am using it as a personal firewall for a Windows 2003 Server running terminal services. Secruity level is set to high. My entire network is located behind a separate firewall/router.

I want to block outbound ICMP Echo Reply from outside my network but allow it within. Blocking it on the internal network prevents the system from responding to the domain controller and results in a 1054 event error in the application log stating that “Group Policy processing aborted”.

I have rules allowing certain IP and UDP traffic on my internal network and VPN connections, but I have not been able to find the right combination to allow ICMP Echo Reply on the internal network but block it from external. It is really not a problem for this server because an external ping cannot get through the firewall/router, but I would like to know if this is possible because I have another server that is in a DMZ.

Thank you,

DRC

Kon
      Participant

Hi.

Thanks for your comments about our product.

If I understand you correctly, you have internal network interface, for example Local Area Connection and external network intreface.

In a program tree you can find ICMP Security, and it is different for different interfaces.

Please allow ICMP Echo Reply using sub-tree according to internal interface, and block ICMP Echo Reply using sub-tree according to external interface.

Regards,
        Andrew

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.