LHMon: IP Address 0.0.0.0 ??

Home Forums Discussions Support LHMon: IP Address 0.0.0.0 ??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhochstein
    Participant

Hi,

sometimes in LH Monitor Traces I can see an IP Address 0.0.0.0 in Local IP for Send and Receive Packets.

Does anyone know if this is a bug?

Volker

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

“IP Address 0.0.0.0” is just any local IP address (it’s not always known from which concrete IP the connection will work from at the time of connection establishment).

vhochstein
        Participant

@SerpentFly wrote:

“IP Address 0.0.0.0” is just any local IP address (it’s not always known from which concrete IP the connection will work from at the time of connection establishment).

Could you please be a little bit more specific? What do you mean by stating “not always known”?
          In addition I see these 0.0.0.0 also in already established TCP Pipes.

Volker

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

Could you please be a little bit more specific? What do you mean by stating “not always known”?

At the time of connection establishment the IP address was not specified explicitely. Just treat 0.0.0.0 as anyt local IP.

vhochstein
            Participant

>At the time of connection establishment the IP address was not specified >explicitely. Just treat 0.0.0.0 as anyt local IP.

Let me try to explain it again.

I ve got a tcp connection between two processes. In some packets both src and dest IP are correct and in other packets one is set to 0.0.0.0

Unfortunetly, I cannot understand, why sometimes you have the correct IP and sometimes not. Your explanation refering to connection establishment does not seam to fit from my point of view.

Volker

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.