killswitch on connection loss

Home Forums Discussions Support killswitch on connection loss

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    terijapl
    Participant

could it be possible to implement without implementing the proxy mentioned a while back?

right now, if connection to the WireGuard VPN is lost, traffic of apps specified in the AllowedApps config section will go outside the VPN. I think having an option to prevent that from happening as long as the service is still running could be very helpful, to prevent unforeseen leakage.

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Hmm, yes, I think it makes sense. I will create an update over the weekend.

Vadim Smirnov
        Keymaster

Could you please check if v.1.2.9 meets your expectations?

terijapl
          Participant

i just tested it by rebooting my wireguard server and sure enough, my apps had no internet connection during the reboot process, and once the server was back up, it was automatically restored. seems to work perfectly!

thank you for your work!

terijapl
            Participant

not sure if related to this update, but i just had my IP leaked. service was apparently running, but my apps from AllowedApps kept working through my bare connection regardless.

unfortunately i don’t have any logs right now – i had just reinstalled the service and enabled log-level all, so if it happens again, i should hopefully have some logs. right now, the only possibly helpful thing i can mention is that my PC was running for over 24h now. may be related, may be not.

Vadim Smirnov
              Keymaster

Hmm, there are two main cases where a service can temporarily stop filtering the network (and thus allow AllowedApps to bypass the VPN):

1. If the primary WireGuard server is down and a secondary server configuration -fallback-config is available, the tunnel will attempt to restart using it.

2. When changing the configuration of network adapters (Wi-Fi/LAN switch, disconnecting/reconnecting the Wi-Fi network), the tunnel is also reconfigured and restarted.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.