IRQ selection

Home Forums Discussions General IRQ selection

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    qlu_one
    Participant

I am working on a driver that, among other things, reads digital ports on interrupt. I can configure digital ports while in user-level application by sending appropriate parameters to the driver. The one parameter I cannot figure out how to setup is IRQ line. It would be nice, when there are several IRQ lines available, to give user a choice of which one to use. I haven’t found anything in DDK allowing me to do this. I know, you can invoke Device Manage, driver properties, then Resources and then manually change settings so perhaps it’s possible to do in the driver code as well. The way it is now, my application doesn’t even know which IRQ out of the ones in .INF file is being used unless the information is saved somewhere when the driver loads.

I wonder if I am missing something?

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

For the legacy NT driver you could use HAL routines to reconfigure your device, for PnP driver you better stick with PnP manager. This paper should be of some help to understand the difference: http://www.hollistech.com/Resources/Misc%20art … usdata.doc

qlu_one
        Participant

Thanks SerpentFly,

That’s exactly what I was looking for.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.