IOCTL_TDI_QUERY_DIRECT_SEND_HANDLER problem

Home Forums Discussions General Discussion IOCTL_TDI_QUERY_DIRECT_SEND_HANDLER problem

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Deneb 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Deneb
    Participant

Hello,

I am processing the IOCTL_TDI_QUERY_DIRECT_SEND_HANDLER request and register a completion routine with the context parameter set to
    IoGetCurrentIrpStackLocation( pIRP )->Parameters.DeviceIoControl.Type3InputBuffer. In the respective completion routine, I change the handler address:

typedef NTSTATUS ( *PFNTCPSendData )(IN PIRP pIRP, IN PIO_STACK_LOCATION pIOSL);

NTSTATUS CRTCPFltQuerySendHandler( IN PDEVICE_OBJECT DeviceObject, IN PIRP pIRP, IN void* pvContext )
    {
    /*pvContext is IoGetCurrentIrpStackLocation( pIRP )->Parameters.DeviceIoControl.Type3InputBuffer*/
    PFNTCPSendData* ppfnTCPSendData = (PFNTCPSendData*)pvContext;

//save the handler in a global variable
    g_KeIOTDIData.pfnTCPSendData_IA = *( (PFNTCPSendData **)pvContext );

//modify the handler given by tcpip.sys to point to my handler
    *( ( PFNTCPSendData ** )pvContext ) = MyTCPSendData;

return CRBase( DeviceObject, pIRP, pvContext );
    }

I have noticed that MyTCPSendData is never called, instead, the previous handler ( tcpip!TCPSendData or smth like this, set by the lower driver in Type3InputBuffer ) is called multiple times. If I open a share to another computer and put some files there, my handler is never called. This code used to work. Anyone can help?

Thank you

Vadim Smirnov

May the prblem is in your driver load order. If SendHandler was registered before you have had a chance to modify the results then your code will be never called.

Deneb
    Participant

Hello SerpentFly ,

I think that is exactly the problem, the installer did not specify the correct load order in the registry.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.