Installing winpkfilter lwf sliently on Win2008(64bit)

Home Forums Discussions Support Installing winpkfilter lwf sliently on Win2008(64bit)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    weihao.ma
    Participant

Hi, SerpentFly,
      I manager to install winpkfilter LWF on Win2008(64bit) sliently. When i manually install the driver by “Local Connection Properties” Panel, the driver was installed sucessful.(I test it by runing listadapters.exe, and the listadapters return all adapters), But When i install the driver by the follow cmd:

snetcfg.exe -v -l ndisrd_lwf.inf -c s -i nt_ndisrd

after the driver was installed, the network connection icon shows disconnect state.
      [attachment=0:fhkcsqfe]未命名.jpg[/attachment:fhkcsqfe]

weihao.ma
      Participant

If someone give any suggestions will be appreciated…

Vadim Smirnov
        Keymaster

Have you started command line (under which you execute snetcfg) under Administrator account?

Normally when you install LWF driver the network is temporary disconnected and then reconnected. Do you mean that in your case the network is permanently disabled?

weihao.ma
          Participant

In my case, the network is permanently disabled in Winpkfilter 3.1 version, and I am convinced that the program started command line under Administrator account.

But today, I download the latest version of Winpkfilter 3.1.1, and extract the lwf filter, do the same work as before (install the driver by the follow cmd: snetcfg.exe -v -l ndisrd_lwf.inf -c s -i nt_ndisrd), everything works fine, the network is temporary disconnected and then reconnected.

Is the promble has been fixed in Winpkfilter 3.1.1?

Vadim Smirnov
            Keymaster

There was one fix in 3.1.1 (LWF unload/unbind bug) which may be related to your problem. It was very difficult to reproduce and caused various side effects one of those is network lock.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.