installation of service

Home Forums Discussions Support installation of service

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    FunThomas
    Participant

hello,

i installed wiresock vpn client as service with cmd

wiresock-client.exe install -start-type 2 -config [config_full_path_name] -log-level none

Is there a way to check if its running and see some details like in WireSock UI?

After the service is running and i start WireSock UI it says another instance is already running.

It would be nice if there were a tray item which is green for ok or red if not connected and with doubleclick it will start WireSock UI and show details about connection.

best regards,

FunThomas

FunThomas
      Participant

second question: is there a way to configure to use port forwarding?

Vadim Smirnov
        Keymaster

Currently, interaction with the service running in the background is limited to standard Windows tools. I’m developing a more sophisticated version of the service, although my progress is constrained by limited time availability.

WiresockUI operates autonomously to start and control the WireGuard Tunnel. However, it lacks the functionality to regulate the background service or to operate concurrently with it.

Could you kindly elaborate on your query regarding port forwarding? You should be able to access your local ports from other WireGuard clients, provided they are connected to the same VPN network. However, please note that you may need to configure your Windows Firewall to open these specific ports or disable the firewall entirely.

FunThomas
          Participant

so portforwarding works now it was the binding of the app to the interface, so this seems fine and WireSock runs now in app mode to have a status in tray

but it would be good if there could be a service that could be controlled by a tray icon app and that would be automatically restarted if it gets for whatever reasons killed/crashed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.