Install Remotely NeT Firewall

Home Forums Discussions Support Install Remotely NeT Firewall

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ahandoko
    Participant

Hello there,

Currently we are using Windows ICF under our dedicated server (Win2003) and we are having problem with ServU-FTP server (PASV mode option) while connecting from internet. We found from forums that problem might from Windows Firewall.

Search on internet to find replacement for Firewall. And very interesting to using yours after trying trial-version.

My question, is that possible to intall remotely Net-Firewall to our dedicated server over VNC?

Is your program will blocked my VNC traffic after restart the machine?

Please advise.

Thank you,
      Alfonsus

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

My question, is that possible to intall remotely Net-Firewall to our dedicated server over VNC?

Yes, you can install NeT Firewall rmotely using Remote Desktop or VNC.

Is your program will blocked my VNC traffic after restart the machine?

After installation NeT Firewall start in PASS ALL default mode and it won’t block VNC. You have to configure NeT Firewall after this and be carefull with setting rules and modes because one of the rules or modes may block VNC. I would recommend to create ALLOW rule for VNC traffic before creating any other rules.

ahandoko
        Participant

Thanks for your reply;

I tried to do remote install via VNC, its great!

Could you please comment what I did here…
          is this looks correct?
          (link removed)

I usually setup with Kerio Winroute Firewall.

Thanks,
          Alfonsus

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

The configuration seems ok and I hope it fits your requirements. However, I would make rules stricter. An example, your rule for HTTP is very common. Basically it passes any TCP packet which has source or destination port equal to 80. If this rule is intended to allow you internet browsing I would make it to apply to OUTGOING packets (instead both directions) or/and specified local IP in the source address field (if it is fixed, if not then your ISP subnet). If you want to create the rule for WWW server at your side then you could set it to INCOMING and specify your server IP in the destination field (along with port 80).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.