Indicating New MAC address to NDIS

Home Forums Discussions General Indicating New MAC address to NDIS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dkg0414
    Participant

Hi Folks,

I have a Gateway device (some proprietary network (let’s call it X Network) to Ethernet) on our proprietary network.
      This gate way device understands Ethernet over X type of network.
      On the host side also I have a stack for X type of network.

So this gate way device assigns me the MAC each time I connect to it and I indicate this MAC to NDIS in response to it’s OID queries.
      When I connect to the device in MiniportInitialize then everything is fine, I get the MAC from target device and is inidicated to NDIS when it reqests the OID.

But if target gateway device is not reachable (suppose is cable is removed for a while) and my device is initializing, I don’t connect to the target device and defer
      the procedure until I get a callback from X network stack.
      Since MiniportInitialize has been returned, NDIS asks me for current MAC and I return some fake MAC to it.
      But When My callback get called notifying me that target gate way device is available now, I communicate to it and get a new MAC address from gate way device.

Now I want to communicate this new MAC to NDIS.

Regards
      Deepak

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

I don’t know if it helps but I would try to call NdisMIndicateStatus with NDIS_STATUS_MEDIA_DISCONNECT and then with NDIS_STATUS_MEDIA_CONNECT. Probably you will be queried for MAC address after these indications, but I have never tried anything like this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.