How winPKFilter capture packets in a gateway???

Home Forums Discussions Support How winPKFilter capture packets in a gateway???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mona
    Participant

Hi

I have a question:

If the WinPKFilter installed in a gateway can it capture the packets that send to another destination IP address not of the gateway itself (if can tell me how can I do this by providing me with some code samples) or it can only capture the packets that send with destination IP address of the gateway only.

Thanks in advance

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

If the WinPKFilter installed in a gateway can it capture the packets that send to another destination IP address not of the gateway itself (if can tell me how can I do this by providing me with some code samples) or it can only capture the packets that send with destination IP address of the gateway only.

Routed packets (destined to systems different from the Gateway) are also captured. Actually they are captured twice, when received on one network interface and when forwarded to another one.

Mona
        Participant

@SerpentFly wrote:

Routed packets (destined to systems different from the Gateway) are also captured. Actually they are captured twice, when received on one network interface and when forwarded to another one.

I have set the mode of capturing as follows:

ADAPTER_MODE Mode;
          Mode.dwFlags = MSTCP_FLAG_RECV_TUNNEL

is that correct???

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

have set the mode of capturing as follows:

ADAPTER_MODE Mode;
            Mode.dwFlags = MSTCP_FLAG_RECV_TUNNEL

is that correct??

This will allow you to pre-process all packets received by your system, if this is what you intended to do then this is correct.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.