how could i start

Home Forums Discussions Support how could i start

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mdarwish
    Participant

I am c# developer but i am new in network programming and driver

i need to develop an application that do that scenario
      1-I have server connected to the internet and all my network client connect through it

2-when any user try to use internet the server redirect him to a log in page or web site i choose

3- block and allow users to use the internet

how could i start and what i need to learn to start doing that with help of winkp filer library .

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

I would recommend you to take a look at Internet Gateway (implements simple NAT solution), LAN HTTP Monitor (implements HTTP redirector and HTTP proxy).

Actually Internet Gateway implements topic number 1. It allows one system to share Internet to several other systems.

Topic number 2 can be implemented sing techniques demonstrated by LAN HTTP Monitor. Instead of redirecting to proxy you can redirect to your own HTTP authentication page.

Topic 3 is an easy addition to previous ones.

mdarwish
        Participant

@SerpentFly wrote:

I would recommend you to take a look at Internet Gateway (implements simple NAT solution), LAN HTTP Monitor (implements HTTP redirector and HTTP proxy).

Actually Internet Gateway implements topic number 1. It allows one system to share Internet to several other systems.

Topic number 2 can be implemented sing techniques demonstrated by LAN HTTP Monitor. Instead of redirecting to proxy you can redirect to your own HTTP authentication page.

Topic 3 is an easy addition to previous ones.

Thanks for your nice post , i will start right now with studying these examples ,but what is the prerequisites for being professional in this field and create strong application

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

Besides programming skills it would be nice to have a strong knowledge of TCP/IP networks.

mdarwish
            Participant

dear SerpentFly thank you very much ,
              but i have another question is it possible o implement this souloution using c# dll waraper as i have good experince in c# but i have littel experince in c++

Vadim Smirnov
              Keymaster

Yes of course, this is possible. And we have customers who built their solutions using C#. Personally because of strong type control in C# I find it not that convenient when parsing packet protocol headers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.