File paths for AllowedApps?

Home Forums Discussions Support File paths for AllowedApps?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    raincandy
    Participant

Hi!

I have a very niche usage case for AllowedApps; I have multiple Chrome installs (standard, beta, canary) and I only want to route one (standard) through the VPN.

The problem is all of these installs of chrome use the same file name (Chrome.exe) so it’s impossible for me to configure the way I want at the moment.

I saw an old thread where it was mentioned that using paths for AllowedApps would be easy to do, but am unsure if that was ever implemented.

Thanks for any updates you can share about this!

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, that’s right. Both application name and full path name are available in the same context. E.g. “chrome.exe” and “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe”. The code simply checks if the application name contains the string specified in AllowedApps/DisallowedApps. If you are interested, then I can change the application name to application full path name in the code and create the software build for you to test.

raincandy
        Participant

Would love to test a build where you can specify file paths in the client .conf! Thanks a ton for the quick reply – looking forward to it!

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster
            raincandy
            Participant

Had to fiddle with the syntax (I thought you’d have to use quotes if the program path had a space) but seems to be working perfectly with this:

AllowedApps = D:\Program Files\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe, C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

Thanks so much!

Vadim Smirnov
              Keymaster

Great! Thanks for the update! And yes, the comma “,” is the only delimiter. Quotes are not needed even if path has spaces.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.