Failed to figure out route to VPN server error

Home Forums Discussions Support Failed to figure out route to VPN server error

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    alou-S
    Participant

So I am trying to use Wiresock in a extremely restricted network where a stateful firewall is present. I use wstunnel (websocket tunnel) for obfustication of WireGuard connections. No other method really works since all unknown TCP connections are closed automatically on the network.
      wstunnel runs locally on port 51280 and the WireGuard config has Endpoint set to 127.0.0.1:51280

But when I use the config in wiresock it gives the error:
      [MGR]: Using WireGuard server 127.0.0.1 : 51280
      [TUN]: Failed to figure out the route to the VPN server
      [MGR]: Tunnel has failed to start.

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Thank you for reaching out regarding the issue you’re experiencing with Wiresock in your restricted network environment.

Please note that Wiresock does not support using localhost IP (127.0.0.1) as an endpoint. I recommend trying to specify the real local IP address instead of 127.0.0.1 for the WireGuard config endpoint.

However, I must mention that I am not certain if this change will work out-of-the-box, and some code adjustments may be necessary to ensure proper functionality of local redirect

alou-S
        Participant

So how would I make this work with tunnels such as wstunnel or UDPspeeder. As one is really good for obfuscation and the other helps alot in making UDP connections more stable. They are pretty useful tools that I used to use with WireGuard.

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

I will look into adding support for your configuration when I have some free time, hopefully during the upcoming weekend.

alou-S
            Participant

Hey, I was hoping to check in on the progress of adding support for my configuration. It’s been a little while since the last reply and I was just curious if there’s been any update on the situation. Thank you for you time btw.

Vadim Smirnov
              Keymaster

Hey, I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I’ve had very limited time recently, and I devoted most of it to preparing the ARM64 build. I understand the importance of adding support for your configuration, and I will do my best to allocate some time to address this issue soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

alou-S
                Participant

Hey, any updates on the following issue? Its been a while.

Vadim Smirnov
                  Keymaster

I sincerely apologize for not being able to take on this task sooner. Due to a considerable workload in the past few weeks, I was primarily focused on resolving bugs. However, I’m optimistic about finding time this upcoming weekend to address this matter. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

alou-S
                    Participant

Hey, the issue hasn’t been resolved even after the recent update. Any progress made regarding the issue?

Vadim Smirnov
                      Keymaster

After careful review, I acknowledge that the proposed modification is indeed feasible. However, it’s important to note that this task will demand a substantial investment of time, potentially spanning several full working days, for both implementation and rigorous testing. Given that I am currently employed full-time, my availability is limited. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide a specific timeline or estimated completion date at this moment. Nevertheless, please be assured that this feature has been added to my TODO list and will be addressed as soon as my schedule permits.

koloner
                        Participant

hi
                          I need to run wiresock on the address 127.0.0.1 to run my program, but I encounter an error. I wanted to ask if the update announcement has not been done yet, and if not, do you have a plan to add support for local addresses?

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by koloner.
                          Vadim Smirnov
                          Keymaster

Regrettably, I haven’t had enough spare time to dedicate to implementing this feature. Nonetheless, I’ll certainly consider adding support for local addresses in the future. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.