Developing a forwarding application

Home Forums Discussions Support Developing a forwarding application

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Vadim Smirnov
    Keymaster

WinpkFilter orders are processed by Plimus e-commerce provider (http://www.plimus.com). I think it makes sense for you to contact their support regarding the bills you need from them.

Eldred
      Participant

Ok thanks for the link, it seems to be possible to make purchase order, that’s exactly what I need !

Eldred
        Participant

I just purchased the developer licence. It seems I have to use snetcfg.exe in order to make a silent install, right ? In the mail I received, it is said I can send you new names for drivers and devices and information to include in the resource.

What exactly can be changed, and where will I see it ? I mean, I don’t know exactly what I can custom. By devices, does it mean that you can change the name of VirtNet adapter for us, or will we have to do it thank to its source code ?

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

It seems I have to use snetcfg.exe in order to make a silent install, right ?

Yes, that’s right.

In the mail I received, it is said I can send you new names for drivers and devices and information to include in the resource.What exactly can be changed, and where will I see it ? I mean, I don’t know exactly what I can custom.

It supposed that you provide the new name for driver binaries instead NDISRD (ndisrd.sys/ndisrd.vxd) used for the standard build. And any copyright/product name information you would like to include into the binaries resource.

By devices, does it mean that you can change the name of VirtNet adapter for us, or will we have to do it thank to its source code ?

We don’t customize VirtNet and you can do it yourself when needed. By the way, in order to get the source code for VirtNet please send a request to support(at)ntkernel.com along with your Plimus order ID.

Eldred
            Participant

Ok, I’ll do it. I got a question about the 32 and 64 bits versions : will I have to make 2 different installs and 2 different programs, using the 32 and 64 bits versions of the driver, in order to work with the 2 architectures ? Or will the 32 bits version work with a 64 bits system ?

I thought I would use GetSystemInfo() in order to determine what kind of system it is, then I’ll do conditions in my code (apparently, there is just one difference about the lowPart or QuadPart for the filters ?)

Are there other differences to perform in the code ? Thanks.

Vadim Smirnov
              Keymaster

You can’t load 32 bit driver on 64 bit system and vice versa, so you should use drivers according target architecture. However, you can use 32 bit application on 64 bit Windows, ndisapi.dll does all required conversions.

Eldred
                Participant

Ok, so it means I can do a single setup, and according to the architecture I’ll just have to select the correct driver ? It’ll be nice.

Vadim Smirnov
                  Keymaster

You have to install the correct driver into the system, 32 bit driver for 32 bit system and 64 bit driver for 64 bit one. Application can be the same, however 64 bit application may give some advantage on 64 bit platform.

Eldred
                    Participant

Ok, thanks again !

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.