DELPHI 7 and NDISAPI.DLL

Home Forums Discussions Support DELPHI 7 and NDISAPI.DLL

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    okayoktas
    Participant

I am delphi 7 developer. I want to make wireless hotspot software.
      I was sorf all forum but I did not find for “Hotspot” or “Gateway” or “internet proxy” sample code or topic.

Technical details
      There are two network adapter on my server pc.
      My client connect to Access point and ethernet hub via first network card. I will manage this client and redirect to second network card (internet connection). İf username and password is correct.

How can I do With ndisapi.dll

lovepkfilter
      Participant

admin’s winpkfilter samples take with a Internet brige vc sample,u can hava a see it :mrgreen:

Vadim Smirnov
        Keymaster

My client connect to Access point and ethernet hub via first network card. I will manage this client and redirect to second network card (internet connection). İf username and password is correct.

There are several WiFi hotspot solutions based on WinpkFilter are available on the market (TrueCafe, Antamedia and etc…). In general you have to redirect user to authentication page on his first attempt to use Internet browser, then if user is allowed to use Internet you have to save user credentials (MAC, IP addresses) and route user packets to external network. The detailed description of this would take a large amount of time, but if you have some more exact questions I will try to help.

okayoktas
          Participant

Thank you
            I was download and install simple nat application.
            The application is bridge between two network card.
            I hope menage this bridge connect with ndisapi.dll.
            I have to redirect user to authentication page (save and control mac and ip)and redirect other network card (internet connection).
            Problem is this redirecting.
            How can ı redirect my client to other network car.

Thank you.

Vadim Smirnov
            Keymaster

Problem is this redirecting.
              How can ı redirect my client to other network car.

Client-to-Server: Save the connection information, change the destination IP (and port if necessary), recalculate the checksums and forward the packet.
              Server-to-Client: Find the saved connection. Change the source IP (and port if necessary) to the original ones, recalculate the checksums and forward the packet.

okayoktas
              Participant

Sorry
                I cant use ndisapi dll in delphi because ı dont know which function is redirecting etc.

Vadim Smirnov
                Keymaster

There is no ready-to-use function for redirecting in NDISAPI. NDISAPI only provides you raw interface to manipulate packets. You have to implement redirecting (packet header changes, checksums recalculations) by yourself.

You can refer Internet Gateway sample which implements NAT for the details. This sample is in C++ but not that complex to catch the basics.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.