Connecting to a domain

Home Forums Discussions Support Connecting to a domain

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sgoldstein
    Participant

So my wiresock client connects, I can ping both the dns and ad servers (same servers), I can access file shares on those servers as well. I have added the dns suffix by manually putting in the client ip address etc into the wiresock adapter. It gives me an error message when I try to join the domain that it cannot establish a connection to the ADDC. Is there something I need to do to my domain controller to allow for the connection?

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

The precise cause of the issue is unclear, but by using the -log-level all command line option, Wiresock can capture and log all traffic (including both unencrypted and encrypted data) traversing the tunnel into PCAP files. Examining these PCAP files could provide valuable insights into what might have gone wrong in this particular situation. It is recommended to analyze these files for a more detailed understanding of the issue.

sgoldstein
        Participant

I solved the problem. When connecting through a cell phone data connection that may be slower or have jitter you need to adjust the wiresock conf file and lower the MTU value. I am currently using 1220 with success. You may want to update the documentation to note this. Other symptoms include being able to ping servers on the other end but intermittently being able to access those servers via other protocols.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.