CISCO VPN + NetFirewall = copmuter freeze in 5min

Home Forums Discussions Support CISCO VPN + NetFirewall = copmuter freeze in 5min

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Pavel
    Participant

I use win XP Pro SP2, Laptop Lenovo T60, and CICSO VPN Client for remote connection, and NetFirewall for protection 🙂 . The problem is when I use VPN, the computer freeze after 5-10 min. If I use the internet whit out VPN, all is ok. If I uninstall NetFirewall and use VPN is again all ok. I try with other Firewalls programs, and no problems… I use for laptops NetFirewall, and I really like the program. I don’t want to change the program. The problem appear when’d I start to change for laptops from Win 2000 Pro (all was ok) to Win XP. We got licenses for NetFirewall version 2.3.0, but I tied with version 3.0 and was the same problems: freeze in 5-10 minutes. Do I’m the first one who have problems with CISCO VPN Client?

Sorry if my English is not very good… 😕
      Pavel

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Well, the problem is that Cisco VPN client is also utilizes NDIS hooking approach to making network filter driver. As soon as there is no standard for these drivers conflicts are always possible. We will check if we can do anything about it, thanks for reporting.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.