Alert when a packet been captured.

Home Forums Discussions Support Alert when a packet been captured.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bakhtiar
    Participant

Hi;

Could anyone knows how to know when a packet been captured by a filter, I want to alert the when a packet been captured by a filter…

FYI I’m using C#…

Regards

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Event set to driver through SetPacketEvent API is signaled immediately on packet send/receive event.

bakhtiar
        Participant

Thanks, this indicates a packet in general but I want to know when a specific packet caught by one of the filters.

Kind regards

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

It is possible to add a timestamp to packets if needed.

bakhtiar
            Participant

How? because when a packet been captured by a filter it can not be read the IM buffer. Is it right?

Regards

Vadim Smirnov
              Keymaster

Ahh, you mean packets passed without being indicated to user mode. Well, since this packets are supposed to be passed with minimal performance affect they have to no event to trigger.

bakhtiar
                Participant

Hi;

For example, there is a filter to drop all HTTP packet, how can I now when the packet came and been captured, I want to alert the user that those packets been captured.

Regards

Vadim Smirnov
                  Keymaster

So far only the packets statistics (packets this filter was applied to) is accumulated for loaded filters. There is no special event to indicate that the filter was triggered.

bakhtiar
                    Participant

Hi;

In Tunnelling mode, Is it possible to read a packet to IM buffer and if this packet matches a condition then it do not resend it back to adapter or MSTCP (by this way the packet has been dropped).. Is it an efficient way to allow or drop packets.

Regards

Vadim Smirnov
                      Keymaster

Yes it is possible and this is the right way to drop packets.

bakhtiar
                        Participant

Hello;

This means that packets can be dropped or passed either using static filters or checking against a condition in IM buffer, but for the last approach it has more overhead and less performance, am I right?

Regards

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.