about gateway

Home Forums Discussions General about gateway

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dongzhaosheng73
    Participant

I need to use PC as a gateway for other devices to direct the gateway address to the packets filtered by this PC for forwarding. May I ask which demo I should refer to to achieve this effect?

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

It is worth mentioning that there is more than one way to achieve this depending on the exact requirements, however basic NAT sample can be found here.

dongzhaosheng73
        Participant

hi,
          I would like to be able to have other devices set the gateway to the PC address, and then forward the traffic from other devices to the PC to the proxy server. This is my requirement.I don’t understand what the provider is, and why the default network card of the PC is used as a client.

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

In the context of the Internet Gateway the Provider is the interface connected to the Internet, the Client is the network interface connected to the internal network you would like to share the Internet to. Internet Gateway sample does not implement DHCP protocol, so all IP addresses (except the Provider which is typically assigned by ISP) should be assigned manually.

dongzhaosheng73
            Participant

Now we are in urgent need of a scheme that can hijack traffic through the gateway and forward TCP/UDP to the proxy server through SOCKS5, but the demo available on the official website is not enough to support me to complete this scheme quickly. If your company can provide support, we are willing to purchase the development license.

Vadim Smirnov
              Keymaster

If you need to ‘socksify’ the traffic then this sample could be more useful:

https://github.com/wiresock/ndisapi/tree/master/examples/cpp/socksify

It is a little bit limited, e.g. it intercepts only locally originated traffic and passes it through the SOCKS proxy. The same can be done with non-local traffic either. However I need more details…

dongzhaosheng73
                Participant

I need a PC in the LAN to act as a gateway, so that game hosts like PS4, Switch and Xbox can send all TCP/UDP traffic to this PC, and this PC can send the traffic sent by these hosts to the proxy server through SOCK5.And the packet address port that is sent and returned cannot be NAT restricted.

Vadim Smirnov
                  Keymaster

OK, let’s assume you have a PC with two network adapters: first network adapter having an address 10.0.0.1 is connected to the LAN segment with PS4 and XBOX, second network adapter with an address 192.168.1.25 is connected to the Internet via your home router and you would like to pass TCP/UDP traffic from the PS4 and XBOX through the remote SOCKS5 server (GPN server) to optimize the latency on the route. Is that correct so far?

dongzhaosheng73
                    Participant

That’s true The hijacked traffic via 10.0.0.1 is packaged into SOCKS5 and sent to VPN server via 192.168.1.25 network card. But I do not understand, why not directly on the 192.168.1.25 adapter to do traffic hijacking?You need two adapters because you want to do the NAT transformation?Guarantee that incoming and outgoing traffic can receive unlimited NAT types? Do you have a direct way to communicate?E-mail or other contact information.

Vadim Smirnov
                      Keymaster

OK, if you need to SOCKSify the traffic from 10.0.0.0/24 then the NAT is a wrong proposal. Instead you can redirect TCP/UDP traffic from the 10.0.0.0/24 to the local (running on the gateway) transparent TCP/UDP proxies which will handle the authentication with SOCKS5 server and forward traffic through it. I have mentioned the SOCKSIFY sample above which does this for the locally originated traffic, but the same can be easily done for the LAN traffic too.

Another component you may need here is DHCP server to assign IP addresses to the PS4 and XBOX, it can be a part of your software or external service.

You can use support(at)ntkernel.com if you prefer the direct communication.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.