winpkfilter on Vista x64 – wake on LAN breaks

Home Forums Discussions Support winpkfilter on Vista x64 – wake on LAN breaks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dvsing
    Participant

I had a difficult time tracking this one down… it seems that when I tried to wake my computer using Wake on Lan, it stopped working and at first I didn’t realize why it had stopped working. I’ve narrowed it down to the winpkfilter driver– when it is installed, SOMETIMES wake on lan doesn’t work. The lights on the back of the network card actually just turn off when the computer goes into standby instead of staying on and listening for the wake on lan packet.

I did some searching around on the net and read that intermediate filter drivers like winpkfilter can break things like wake-on-lan.

Are you aware of this issue? Is this something you would know how to fix?

-Dan

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

I did some searching around on the net and read that intermediate filter drivers like winpkfilter can break things like wake-on-lan.

Can you give some links on what you have found? Basically IM driver can break wake-on-lan if you want to do so, but WinpkFilter does not try to do it on purpose 8)

Also, is there any WinpkFilter application running when you go into standby? If there is then breaking wake-on-lan is possible because no packets can be processed by application which does not get any processor time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.