Winpk Filter and Blue Screen Death! :@

Home Forums Discussions Support Winpk Filter and Blue Screen Death! :@

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    omers
    Participant

Hi, I have a problem with winpkfilter hooking driver. When I install the driver with snetcfg.exe on windows which IPX protocol already installed, windows crashes. :@

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0X000000D1 ( 0X00000000, 0X00000002, 0X00000008, 0X00000000)

If I start windows in safe mode and remove IPX protocol problem solved.. Why IPX protocol causes this problem? Is there e IRQ conflict or etc? 👿

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this. I’ve got a few questions:

1) WinpkFilter NDIS hooking variant is installed directly through the registry. snetcfg is only applicable to NDIS IM variant of WinpkFilter. Which driver have actually used?

2) What version of WinpkFilter have you used? Prior 3.0.4 WinpkFilter NDIS IM driver may have meet problems with loopback packets processing which would cause the similar crash. This was fixed in 3.0.4.

3) What Windows version have you used? I’ve quickly tested Windows XP 32 bit with IPX installed and have not noticed problems with both NDIS IM and NDIS hooking drivers.

4) If you have any firewall(even integrated with AV)/VPN software installed then please let us know the name and the version, since this can be a software driver conflict.

omers
        Participant

1) WinpkFilter NDIS hooking variant is installed directly through the registry. snetcfg is only applicable to NDIS IM variant of WinpkFilter. Which driver have actually used?

Im installing driver with snetcfg with ndisrd.inf and ndisrd_m.inf parameters but im using ndis hooking driver with delphi

2) What version of WinpkFilter have you used? Prior 3.0.4 WinpkFilter NDIS IM driver may have meet problems with loopback packets processing which would cause the similar crash. This was fixed in 3.0.4.

I used 3.0.2.1 version of ndisrd.sys

3) What Windows version have you used? I’ve quickly tested Windows XP 32 bit with IPX installed and have not noticed problems with both NDIS IM and NDIS hooking drivers.

I used Windows XP (both old and updated versions) on large network. Aprox. 70 pc on LAN with IPX. Winpk installed all of the machines. I started a machine successfully. There is no problem if only 1 machine uses same physical network with IPX and winpk driver. When I bootup the second pc with same sw configuration(IPX and winpk) both of the machine crashes with bluescreen.

4) If you have any firewall(even integrated with AV)/VPN software installed then please let us know the name and the version, since this can be a software driver conflict.

I dont use any fw or vpn software. Also windows fw disabled.

I dont know another way of installing driver. I tried to write values into registery with my own installer, I got some errors on different machines with windows xp. How can I do clear install hooking driver automatically? Is there another script or etc? like snet cfg

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

Im installing driver with snetcfg with ndisrd.inf and ndisrd_m.inf parameters but im using ndis hooking driver with delphi

NDIS hooking driver must be installed by adding registry entries, not by using snetcfg and INF files created for NDIS IM variant of the driver. Doing like you do would cause unpredictable behavior of the system. At least driver won’t work correctly if installed this way. So probably you use NDIS IM driver, not NDIS hooking one.

I used 3.0.2.1 version of ndisrd.sys

It is recommended to update to 3.0.4. NDIS IM driver included in 3..0.2 had some known problems with loopback packets processing and could be a reason of the BSOD mentioned.

I dont know another way of installing driver. I tried to write values into registery with my own installer, I got some errors on different machines with windows xp. How can I do clear install hooking driver automatically? Is there another script or etc? like snet cfg

I can send you a NSIS installer script for the latest build of winpkfilter for the reference if you want.

omers
            Participant

I will check with latest version of Winpkfilter .. Probably this will fix my problem.

I can send you a NSIS installer script for the latest build of winpkfilter for the reference if you want.

If you mail me scripts, I will be glad! 🙂

Thank you very much SerpentFly! 8)

Vadim Smirnov
              Keymaster

If you mail me scripts, I will be glad!

It is sent.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.