Why not work properly on another PC with same configuration!

Home Forums Discussions Support Why not work properly on another PC with same configuration!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    speedvoipok
    Participant

Hi NDIS-hooking guru:
      In order to envaluate availability in my product, I downloaded WinpkFilter run-time library from web site to my PC running Windows XP sp2. Its samples work very well. But when I copy its help driver ndisrd.sys into Windowssystem32drivers directory of another PC and config its registry according to what instructs within online help document, all samples do not work properly unlike original case on my PC and they always complain about ” Help driver not loaded or installed”. Why lead to this result?What ‘s something wrong?
      Per my analysis, I think issue derives from license scheme. Maybe upon completion of driver installation, ndisrd.sys help driver checks windows registry to retrieve license infomation, if not, it will not work. On the other hand, WinpkFilter setup script write license infomation into registry, so it is root cause that ndisrd.sys works well only after running its setup script includded within winpkfilter install package.
      Several months ago, my company purchase NDIS IM Samples from PCAUSA, but i think performence is not very good at my product, so I transfer to NDIS-hooking based technology and product. Of course, NT Kernel is leader in this domain. 😆

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

WinpkFilter installation does not write any license information into the registry and basically installation steps you have performed are correct. Have you rebooted the system after adding the registry key?

speedvoipok
        Participant

In fact, I try what I do with winpkfilter on Windows XP pc and Win2003 PC, the result are all same,— that is samples can run, but prompt us with ” Help drive failed to load”.

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

I have e-mailed to you the InnoSetup script which was used to generate the run-time library available for download from this site. You can use it for the reference. However, setup procedure is fully described in help file. You must be doing something wrong if driver does not get loaded.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.