NTKernelService doesn’t start

Home Forums Discussions Support NTKernelService doesn’t start

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    giusepperiera
    Participant

Hi,
      I’m trying Net Firewall (trial version) on a windows 2000 advanced server sp4 but NTKernelService doesn’t start as service automaticaly. When I start it manually I receive the following message:

Could not Start NTKernelService service on Local Computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service error

And in the Event viewer I find this message

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( NTKernelService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: Service started.

Can you help me?

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

NTKernelService stats dirung system start up, load latest firewall configuration into the driver and exits. So the situation you have expirienced is normal, this service should not be running, all the packet filtering functionality implemented in the kernel mode driver. Service is only responsible for configuring it.

giusepperiera
        Participant

Ok
          So, Net firewall is full functional also if no one is logged on the system.
          It’s right?
          Another question.
          How can I see log of Firewall activity before I log on?

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

So, Net firewall is full functional also if no one is logged on the system.
            It’s right?

Right

How can I see log of Firewall activity before I log on?

Log is not collected if firewall console (MMC snap-in) is not loaded, so in the current version there is no way to look through packets processed before logon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.