Network Not Working After WinpkFilter Install + Restart

Home Forums Discussions Support Network Not Working After WinpkFilter Install + Restart

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,

I installed WinpkFilter, and everything was working fine, I wrote some code using its API, browsed the net, etc. But after I restarted my computer, my networks were no longer working. I had to disable the WinpkFilter service from network connection settings in order to get it working. Why is this?

I’m using Windows 7 x64.

A thought: Before installing WinpkFilter, i disabled driver signing enforcement (F8 menu). When I restarted my computer I didn’t do that. Do you think it’s because of that? Maybe the network could not initialize because the WinpkFilter driver was not loading.

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

A thought: Before installing WinpkFilter, i disabled driver signing enforcement (F8 menu). When I restarted my computer I didn’t do that. Do you think it’s because of that? Maybe the network could not initialize because the WinpkFilter driver was not loading.

Yes, thats right. WinpkFilter driver is not signed and to get it working on x64 you have to load with disabled driver signing enforcement each time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.