Is it Winpkfilter3.0.7 serious Bug?

Home Forums Discussions Support Is it Winpkfilter3.0.7 serious Bug?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    lovepkfilter
    Participant

it is true. My many guest after installed the IMD Drives or restart The Windows Serice which control the drives,the Server disconnected. The netcard disfunction.~~~~~ 🙄 🙄

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Installation of NDIS IM drivers requires network stack to unbind from network interfaces and binds again. This operation may bring your network down for a short period of time. Generally it is recommended to reboot after drivers installation because in some cases network stack is not able to reconfigure itself dynamically.

If you have created WinpkFilter based software and restarting it causes network connection problems then most probably this is a bug in your software. Note, that when you put network interfaces into the tunnel mode you ought to filter packets. If your application is suspended but network adapters are still in tunnel mode the network won’t function.

P.S. Your report is really messy to realize what you are trying to report 🙄

lovepkfilter
        Participant

TOday,i happend meet it.

i found when i finished the installed,i can not connect the internet.

then i close my winservice(which open the winpktiler driver),it is still keep disconnect.

at last i got some infotmation below:
          ====================================
          Pinging 192.168.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Destination host unreachable.

Pinging 192.168.0.2 with 32 bytes of data: (192.168.0.2 is my self ipaddress 👿 )

===========================================================================
          Interface List
          0x1 ……………………… MS TCP Loopback interface
          Active Routes:
          Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric
          127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 1
          Persistent Routes:
          None

C:Documents and SettingsAdministrator>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

==================================================================

[attachment=0:21i6utje]001.GIF[/attachment:21i6utje]

i think it is a bug!!!!

lovepkfilter
          Participant

at last i cancel the checkbox in the netcard property,and click the ok button,it is restory connected the internet.

how can i avod it.

Vadim Smirnov
            Keymaster

Have you rebooted after installing WinpkFilter driver?

lovepkfilter
              Participant

IMD is not need to reboot.

from the messages of my guests. they tell me,if reboot, maybe the computer will got disconnected.

Vadim Smirnov
                Keymaster

Sometimes NDIS IM driver installation requires a reboot. Not always network stack can be rebuilt dynamically.

ningjih
                  Participant

@SerpentFly wrote:

Sometimes NDIS IM driver installation requires a reboot. Not always network stack can be rebuilt dynamically.

When will no need to reboot and when should need to reboot? How to make sure?

Vadim Smirnov
                    Keymaster

I would recommend to reboot always…

ningjih
                      Participant

@SerpentFly wrote:

I would recommend to reboot always…

Well, this situation will cause winpkfilter can not easy to apply to commerical products, because an enterprise shall has some computers reboot daily, but some computers not reboot everyday, and some computers can not reboot suddenly. IT engineers will very difficult to deploy a product which provide personal-firewall-like functions to client computers, they will waste too much time to make sure this function is work or not. (because some computer may be need to reboot to let winpktfilter work.)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.