If i chnaged NetCfgInstanceId in inf file , ping not works

Home Forums Discussions Support If i chnaged NetCfgInstanceId in inf file , ping not works

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vikashm05
    Participant

Hi,

If i changed NetCfgInstanceId in my Inf file after generating it using GUID tool,ping not works between two machine.

Connection restored between the two machine.

So, please help me to solve this problem.

Regards,

Vikash

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Vikash,

Could you describe all the steps you did to customize and install the driver? The more complete details the better, I can’t make a guess from your short description.

vikashm05
        Participant

Hi,

After installing winpk filter, i have to install my filter driver and previously it gives a problem , then you suggest me to change netcfgInstanceId in INF file.

I have generated the new netcfgInstanceId , change it in my inf file and my filter driver is properly installed but it is connected with another machine and not able to communicate with each other.

I tried to ping another machine, it fails.

And when i change this NetcfgInstanceId and add characteristics value as 0x4410 instead of 0x40000 , it works fine.

So, please suggest me the required solution.

Thanks & Regards,
          Vikash

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

I’m sorry for the delayed response. I’ve been away for the New Year holidays.

I have generated the new netcfgInstanceId , change it in my inf file and my filter driver is properly installed but it is connected with another machine and not able to communicate with each other.

Besides changing netcfgInstanceId in INF file you also have to change it in common.h and rebuild the driver from the source code. Have you rebuilt the driver?

And again, your manipulations with Characteristics value are incorrect.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.