I need help for Net Firewall

Home Forums Discussions Support I need help for Net Firewall

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pavel
    Participant

Hi,
      I have got same problems with Net Firewall installation on laptops. I have to give Administrator right for users to install the program, but after installation, when I change the users rights to Power User, Net Firewall ask for licensed user and password every time when the computer start.
      I use Win 2000 Pro SP4, and the Local Polices give right to start localy computer only to Admin and Pover Users ( can this affect ? ).

P.S. I realy like this firewall. 🙂

Kon
      Participant

Hi.

The problem is, that Power User don’t have the Administrator’s priveleges working with windows registry. Where is no opportunity in current version of NeT Firewall to check this.

I guess to include read-only access of non-Administrator user in new version of NeT Firewall.

Pavel
        Participant

Hi,
          This is a little bet dangerous for laptops; I would like to prevent same (un)installs (and …) from users, by taking away the Administrator rights. Isn’t possible to make a policy (or else) from Windows what allow only NetFirewall to work as Administrator?

Kon
          Participant

Pavel,

I guess where is no way to do it.

I think we have to include read-only access to firewall for non-Administrator users.

Pavel
            Participant

Hi Kon,
              Ok, I’ll try to make same Policies from Active Directory to keep secured use for the laptops; even it isn’t possible to take away the Administrator rights. Do you know wend is coming a new version?

Kon
              Participant

I am going to finish new updates at the middle of next month.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.