Hook driver and IM driver

Home Forums Discussions Support Hook driver and IM driver

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    yathindra
    Participant

Hi,

What the exact difference between Hook driver and IM driver. And which is best one for XP os and give me the reasons for suggesting that driver.

Thanking you,

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

These drivers are different by their architecture and only one of them can be installed, otherwise you meet a conflict conditions (both drivers share the same name).

It does not really matters which of the drivers is to use for XP, NDIS hook is easier to install but requires system reboot. While NDIS IM is more complex to install but in most cases reboot is not needed.

yathindra
        Participant

If i want to install the driver through snetcfg there we are specifying the names like ndisrd.inf and ndisrd_m.inf these relate to which driver exactly like IM driver or hook driver.

Also one more question if i install hook driver it will not display in Network properties?

Thanking you,

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

If i want to install the driver through snetcfg there we are specifying the names like ndisrd.inf and ndisrd_m.inf these relate to which driver exactly like IM driver or hook driver.

NDIS IM

Also one more question if i install hook driver it will not display in Network properties?

No

yathindra
            Participant

Thamks for your reply. No means hook driver will not display in network properties or not?

Vadim Smirnov
              Keymaster

Hook driver won’t be displayed in network connection properties. However, it worth to mention that NDIS IM driver also can be hidden from the network connection properties if needed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.