Can’t see WinsockUI interface in qBittorrent

Home Forums Discussions Support Can’t see WinsockUI interface in qBittorrent

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tesawh
    Participant

So normal wireguard works, but WinsockUI doesn’t add any interface, tried enabling “virtual adapter mode” but still nothing shows up.

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Please follow Control Panel ->  Network and Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings. You should have the network interface named wiresock there.

tesawh
        Participant

What I mean is that it doesn’t register as a connection (named the same as the wireguard config) in the “View your active networks” page unlike vanilla wireguard or most other VPNs.

Edit: To clarify, it does make a connection, but it replaces the network you are already on, instead of making another connection alongside it.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by tesawh.
          tesawh
          Participant

My mistake, I can see the connection now (can’t edit my post though anymore, would be useful if you could edit posts for longer).

Some differences I’ve noticed, Wireguard makes a temporary connection (that it deletes) named after your config file, Wiresock makes a permanent connection named Wiresock.

As for why it doesn’t show on qBittorrent, maybe it’s because it’s registered as a LAN network or maybe because it’s permanent (that wouldn’t make sense, as others show up and even LAN shows up)?

Vadim Smirnov
            Keymaster

Indeed, WireSock operates somewhat differently from the standard WireGuard client. Instead of generating adapter instances from configuration files, WireSock comes with a pre-installed virtual network interface named “wiresock.” As for why qBittorrent doesn’t recognize this network, it might be due to the API it utilizes or specific adapter properties it expects to find.

tesawh
              Participant

So any way to actually bind the interface or go around the problem?

Vadim Smirnov
                Keymaster

If you want qBittorent to go over the tunnel, then you can just add it to AllowedApps:

AllowedApps = qbittorrent

tesawh
                  Participant

Thanks, what I mean is that using it as a sort of kill switch, not letting any traffic go through from qBit if accidentally opened without VPN (or VPN fails).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.